Sunday, August 2, 2009

Saturday Night Fever

Not as in the John Travolta movie, as in 102 with chills and shakes. Yesterday afternoon after Sentosa, I got very tired very suddenly. I thought it was a combo between the sun, the heat and maybe a little dehydration, so I rested for a while before blogging then heading out to dinner last night. As soon as I met everyone out and ordered my dinner, I realized I had made a mistake and was going to be no fun, so I hopped in a cab and headed home. It's not uncommon to be freezing cold in Singapore cabs because they keep the air con on high at all times, but I was literally shivering. Sure enough, I had a 102 temperature plus a few minor aches. Needless today, I've been laying low and relaxing today. To be honest, I'm bored and really want to be outside doing stuff but what I want more is to get better so I'm trying to be sensible.

Since I spent most of the day in bed or on the couch, I got to talk to Brian for a long time over Skype. Can I just say that Skype rocks? I wish we had it when we were in Clarksville/Evansville and Sacramento - it definitely would have made those 11 months of long distance a little easier to bear. If you've never used it, it's a free internet calling service with video capabilities. For a small flat rate ($13/month) I have unlimited calling to cell phones and landlines also, so it's easy to keep in touch with Mom, Dad and everyone else who doesn't have Skype. Just before my departure, Lisa Marie thoughtfully gave me a webcam, so I can always see when Brian's up to his usual antics.




Luckily the camera makes it hard to see how pathetic I looked, all holed up in my bed. Hopefully I'll have a better update tomorrow!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh no! You don't have swine flu (or bird flu for that matter) do you? This is probably a silly question but just in case... I'm sorry you're sick! I hope you feel better soon! Lovey!