Wednesday, August 5, 2009

2 Weeks!

Today marks the end of my second full week in Singapore. To celebrate, I went out with some of the girls I've met for drinks at the Axis Bar in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel (and actually, we never once talked about the fact that I've been in SG for two weeks). The hotel's near the Singapore Flyer, really close to the water and the Esplanade buildings, which are shaped to look like the local odoriferous fruit, the durian. More on that later.

Axis has a wonderful happy hour with delicious standard and flavored martinis on special, as well as a few free tapas. Just as we were leaving, a jazz pianist and singer began their act. We might go back in a couple of weeks - they sounded great.

Ilana, Ali, Whitney and me
What I really need to do is start packing to head back to the U.S. since I have to be at the airport at 5 a.m. on Saturday. This was probably my last night out in a while. I'm definitely not going out tomorrow because the cable guy is coming and installing more than two English speaking channels. Yay!

No comments: