Monday, August 3, 2009

Count on me, Singapore

Good news is, I'm feeling better. I worked from home today and now that my temperature is back to normal, I'm chalking up the fever, chills, achiness and other symptoms to a mild case of food poisoning or a 24-hour bug, thankfully. With so many precautionary measures against H1N1 here (seriously, there are signs and face masks everywhere), it was kind of hard not to be paranoid. Good thing I'm not a worrywart (insert hearty laughter here)!

Ever have a song or a commercial jingle you can't get out of your head? Try only having two English TV channels that run the same commercials and promos over, and over, and over again. Add in the popularity of reality performance TV shows like American Idol and the emotions of a patriotic country just before National Day (Singapore's Independence Day) and this is what you get...



At least I'll have something new to watch after August 9!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I think I'm going to someday see a Katie Neal version of this video. I can picture you in your Snuggie, belting out this tune.
Love you,
Momma Neal

Emily said...

Wow...that Video ranks right up there with the "Appalachian is Hot Hot Hot" video. I sort of wish I was going to be there to watch it! Glad you're feeling better!