Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Jet Lag, Schmet Lag

Fair warning: today's post isn't that interesting, but I like to blog lest my most faithful blog reader - Granny K. - think that something happened to me overnight. Rest assured, I am alive and quite well. I haven't had a single bit of jet lag, actually. It's so weird. I'm holding out hope that my journey doesn't come back to bite me tomorrow. So far, so good.

The highlights of my day included food, as usual. Ali and I grabbed dinner at a nearby pub in the shop houses I highlighted the first week I was here. And for lunch I went out with a few coworkers and had a yummy feast. I'm actually not sure what kind of food it was. Malay perhaps? Anyway, it was good. Cabbage in coconut milk (better than it sounds, admittedly), green beans, pickled cucumbers/cucumber salad, and some kind of greens along with rice.

The best part? WATERMELON JUICE! It was so good and tasted just like you'd think - a big juicy, watermelon. And no seeds, thankfully.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cabbage in coconut milk, I don't thing so! Love cabbage, not a fan of milk or coconut. Looks good though. Enjoyed your pictures from your week at home. Your family looks great. Love you, Momma

Anonymous said...

Katie, thanks so much for your blogs. I do enjoy them. Granny K.