Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pics from Halfway 'Round the World

After more than 56 hours of round trip travel in the last week or so, I arrived safely back in Singapore last night around 11:30. It's currently about 8 p.m. and after a full day of work I'm still awake with no signs of collapsing soon. Perhaps I might have successfully avoided jet lag? I have a feeling I'd better not boast yet...tomorrow could still come back to bite me. But while I'm feeling chipper, I thought I'd share some of the photo highlights from my awesome week in Kentucky.



It wouldn't be a trip to Kentucky without a photo of Jake, front and center.


On Monday I visited my friend Sara and her two adorable children, Julianne and Joseph. She's such a grown-up!


After I saw with Sara, I had lunch with Granny K. and Poppy. Then after Brian arrived, we all had dinner with them Wednesday night.
On Thursday, the Great American Ball Park became another notch on Brian's baseball bat. This was my kind of baseball game - the Reds won 7-0 and the game only lasted 2:07. Even Dad had a good time.

Here's Brian in front of his latest conquest of sorts. We parked on the Kentucky side and walked across the river. It was really nice, actually. And so fun to hang out with Brian after not seeing him for three weeks - even if we were at a baseball game!


On Friday, the Paris girls had manis and pedis to kick off the festive weekend.


After the rehearsal, Julia, Tabitha, Lauren, Amy and I relaxed a bit at the R.D.

Since the R.D. was in downtown Paris, we only had three options for going out that night: the Pool Hall, Creekview Lounge, and The Cue. We chose The Cue. I had no idea it had this whole back room that was much more nightclub than it was pool bar. And since it was ladies' night, we didn't have to pay the $5 cover to get in (I couldn't believe somewhere in Paris had a cover!). This photo does not do the experience justice, but some things do not deserve to be published on the blog. Jason and Brian loved it. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but the Paris girls (adopted Paris girl Amanda is pictured above with me) had a good time.

Just minutes before the wedding, here we are with the bride-to-be!



Mr. & Mrs. Todd Martin in front of their Nina cake. Yum!

The first complete Paris girls photo in six or seven years. Sarah Fight, Sonia, Julia, Rachael, Lauren, me, Tabitha, Amy, Sarah K.

Here we are with Mom and Dad. What a fun way to wrap up a great week. I'm so glad I got to make the trip home, even if it was halfway around the world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved these :)

Keri Marcum-Peters

Anonymous said...

What a treat to see all you girls together again!!!!! and Katie, I really enjoy reading your blog. Thank you so much for sharing your adventures with all of us. God Bless You and Keep You and Make His Face to Shine Upon You! You are all still really special to me! Love, Jennifer Linville

Katie said...

Aww thanks, guys! This trip was every bit as fun as it looks.

Anonymous said...

I made Jake by background photo on the computer.

Your Husband

Anonymous said...

What a perfect day and fun weekend! I am SO glad you were able to be there. Such a special day for me, but even more so with ALL the PKY girls in attendance! :) Thanks for posting some pics!

-Mrs. Lauren Martin :)