Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chili Crab and Chilling by the Pool

At the end of yesterday's post, I was headed out for drinks and dinner. I'll pick up where I left off...


For dinner, we made it back to where I started the day near Merlion Park. We ate a seafood restaurant called Palm Beach at One Fullerton, and though you can't see it in this photo, we can see the Merlion and the Singapore Flyer from here. It was very scenic, and nice company, too!

These were called porkies and bessies. They're little stewed pieces of pork and you stick them in these steamed buns - de.lic.ious with the cilantro. YUM!


This is chili crab, a traditional Singaporean dish. It's pretty good but honestly not my favorite thing I've eaten here. Don't get me wrong, it's good but I think it might be a little overrated. The best part - not pictured here - were the little buns you dip into the sauce.

Unfortunately, we didn't make it out for Singapore Slings at the Raffles Hotel. It was almost 11:30 when dinner was over and we were all pretty tired, so we called it a night.

Today I was pretty relaxed. I spent much of the day sitting by the pool, reading Luxe travel guides (and Eclipse). Brian and I talked a lot about our travel plans today also. As of right now, we're planning to visit Beijing (China), Siem Riep (Cambodia), Bangkok (Thailand) and Bali (Indonesia). Actually right now we're not quite sure we'll be able to go China because of Brian's job. We are NOT lying to the Chinese government, so he's going to go over to the consulate Monday and get this sorted out before we buy tickets! We've all but ruled out Tokyo for both cost and travel time reasons. We figured we can probably head over there easier than some other places if and when we choose to come back to Asia.

Tonight I went over to Jacob's apartment for BBQ. He did a bang-up job on the grill. We had yummy satay, BBQ ribs, wings and American potato salad. As you can see, he and his roomies have mannequins on the balcony. Apparently a lot of people notice them as they drive near Orchard Road. I feel honored having taken my photo with them.

1 comment:

Mike, Jen and Cooper too! said...

So whats this whole lying to the government / Brians Job thing about?