Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Friday

Hey kids, instead of spending my Friday night blogging, I'm going to meet up with Ali for dinner and drinks. (Shocker, I'm sure.) I'm not quite sure what we're doing tonight but one day this, we're going to visit Sentosa, a Singaporean island with beaches, resorts and entertainment. I hear it's kind of touristy but I'm still into that. Then we're going out with some other friends (the ones I met Wednesday night) to a place called Bar Bar Black Sheep. It has three little bistros (American/Western, Indian and Thai, I think...) and is supposed to be fun.

I've had several comments via the blog, email and FB about the food, so here's what I had for lunch today. I was really in the mood for chicken fried rice, so I got the closest thing Chris could liken to my description. This Taiwanese dish is called "chicken chop" and it's basically fried chicken, rice and veggies on the side (which I mixed in to make it seem like they were part of the rice). What's that big brown thing in the lower right? Some form of bean curd. Aka sponge. I didn't order it, but I tried it. Once.


Oh, and the best part of today was that Jen and I booked bargain tickets for a weekend getaway to Kuala Lumpur when she's here in October. Yay!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm really enjoying all the food stuff too!

Anonymous said...

Katie,

When you go to Kuala Lumpur,try to get a photo of the Petronas Towers. I looked them up and they are pretty cool. Looking forward to pictures of the beach too.
Love,
Momma Neal

Anonymous said...

Katie - love hearing about the food! When I was in China all I ate was rice. You are brave. If you get the chance to get over to China though you should try to check out Suzhou (it's right on the coast and very pretty): http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/suzhou.htm

--Amy Smith