Friday, July 17, 2009

Bon Voyage!

As many of you know by now, in just four days I'll be Singapore bound! I've accepted a wonderful opportunity to work in our Singapore office for the next three months. I'll continue to work for the same clients, just in a slightly different capacity for the Asian markets as opposed to the U.S. Everything has come together so quickly in the just last few weeks. And as Jen would say, the clipboard has been in high gear!

As I prepare for the trip, I continue to experience a wide range of emotions - everything from excitement, enthusiasm and joy (this is going to be an AMAZING experience!) to anxiety, nervousness and a little sadness (though if we're being honest, I think Brian is excited about the amount of uninterrupted baseball he can watch while I'm gone).

I'm looking at my Singapore adventure as a great opportunity for broadening my life experience, furthering my professional development, and (hopefully!) providing great benefit to my clients and my company. Plus, Brian and I will travel to places we never imagined at this point in our lives when he joins me for a few weeks this fall. I'm really looking forward to that!

So I'm resurrecting the blog from a Facebook-induced sabbatical to share stories, photos and whatever else comes to mind when I'm gone. Please stay tuned, comment often and most of all, keep in touch...

...just not by calling my cell phone after Monday. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fabulous opportunity! I get the link to your blog from Emily's. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about the places you go. Have a safe trip and a wonderful 3 months!