Saturday, July 18, 2009

Packing Progress

Traveling lightly has never been my strong suit, so why anyone expected that I might start now remains a mystery to me. So many people have (wisely) advised me to pack lightly, that I can buy things there, that I will never need all that stuff. They are correct, I'm sure. But have they met me?! Clearly they have never been on a vacation with me, let alone a three-month journey on the other side of the world.

I'm more of a tell-me-what-the-baggage-limit-is-and-I'll-come-in-half-a-pound-under kind of girl, as you can see.



See the clipboard?

The one thing I hadn't planned to take but am now carrying on? My diploma! Apparently it's important to Singapore's Ministry of Manpower that I'm educated, and that they verify my education first-hand. Watch out for me and my big Bachelor's degree! For the first time since I graduated, I'm glad I never framed that thing.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

you are hilarious - it looks like you packed more than me when i went to madrid for a year :) hope you had a good trip and can't wait to hear about it!

Katie said...

Hey, I resent that. I think three months is a long time! And to be fair to myself, I only had 2.5 weeks to plan...no time to weed through. Yeah, that's my story...