Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Night Blues

About 20 years ago, Susanna Hoffs (lead singer for the Bangles) sang that she wished it were a Sunday, 'cause that's her fun day. Though I can relate to the premise of the catchy Manic Monday, I disagree about Sunday. Sunday tends to be my mopey day, and today is no exception.

After more than a week off (if you include the weekends), I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I really like my job and I'm grateful for all the opportunities I have. It's just the principle; it's work (hence the name).

So rather than dwelling (I've been doing that all day, so I'll spare you the details), here's a little run-down of all the great things I did this week during my time of leisure.

Things I did (this is not an all-inclusive list, nor is it in any particular order)
1. Worked out almost every day (skipped yesterday out of laziness, but justified it as relaxing)

2. Started my Christmas shopping (got all the easy people done - my mom, Granny K., Brian, etc.)

3. Got my hair cut and highlighted (it's not really orange - see?) in the middle of the day and still had time for dinner with a friend

4. Slept in when I wanted and went to bed when I wanted without any regards to how much sleep I would really need to have a productive day the next day

5. Ran little errands I normally don't find time for during the week (got my engagement ring cleaned and checked, took old clothes to Goodwill, went to the library)

6. DECORATED FOR CHRISTMAS (photo coming soon - a friend is sending it to me)

7. Watched Regis & Kelly and The View at least twice each

8. Had breakfast and/or lunch with Brian almost everyday

9. Saw Brian when we were both awake, for that matter

10. Watched several feel-good movies, including Love Actually (twice), Because I Said So (twice) and Mystic Pizza (once and a half - it was on Lifetime all weekend)

Things I wish I had done more (or at all)
1. Re-loaded our iTunes (still haven't done this since the Motherboard incident)

2. Read (though I'm half-way through the mind-stimulating final installment of the Shopaholic series, I still have a backlog of periodicals I suppose I'll peruse on the Muni)

3. Relaxed (still trying to figure out how)

Overall, it was a really great week and I suppose I should be refreshed and I'm sure to some degree I am. I'll try to remember that as I'm plowing through the 115 emails I missed from work...

1 comment:

Mike, Jen and Cooper too! said...

Your hair looks adorable!

The tree looks good too, but mostly I love the Bunny Slippers. I want some! :)

Miss you!