Wednesday, November 21, 2007

OMG is my hair orange?

Brian and I like the color orange. As many of you know, Paris High School colors are orange and black. Not only are the Syracuse colors orange and blue, but now its mascot is simply the Syracuse Orange. The hallway in our apartment is orange, which is cool even if we didn't paint it. And don't forget edible orange foods than rank high on my list: oranges (hence the namesake), pumpkin, cheddar and of course, carrots!

Hair, however, should not be orange.

I almost freaked out last night when I got home and checked out my new hair color. In my aforementioned week of leisure, I've gotten to catch up on a lot of things that needed doing - including my roots! As we move into the winter season, I decided that I would go a little darker and leave the blonde for summer. Some of you have probably heard me talk about my stylist, Hector, who has a very strong and flamboyant personality. He's great.

Which is why I was absolutely shocked when I got home and thought my hair was orange...

I know what you're thinking, don't they have mirrors in this salon? Yes, in fact they do. I suppose they also have different lighting than what is in my very bright bathroom. I thought the color and cut looked awesome in the salon and was so excited to have chic fall hair! But when I got home, it looked a little more like pumpkin pie than I would have liked.

Ok, I'm exaggerating. I'll stop the rant now. My friend, Ashley, came over and inspected closely (under other bright lights) and convinced me I'm just having trouble getting used to the color. The blonde parts have slight red undertones, but primarily it's a light brown/honey blonde. Plus, Brian really likes it so I felt better. He definitely would have told me if I had Cheez-it hair.

If we had our camera back, here's where I would insert a photo and let you decide for yourself. Oh right, our camera is in NY.

Bottom line: I don't like cantaloupe to eat, and I don't want it for a hair color either.

Coming soon: Thanksgiving musings and Christmas photos (I'm going to ask a friend to bring her camera over. LAME-O).

3 comments:

LISA MARIE BURCAR said...

I hear orange is the new brown - so you are a trendsetter! LMB

Mike, Jen and Cooper too! said...

Hey orange hair is cool...now you can start your own punk band!

MBW (LMB told me this was the cool way to sign out...)

Unknown said...

Dude...

Orange is a Punk color... LOVE it!

;-)