Sunday, November 18, 2007

Brian kicked me out of the house!

Before you get ahead of yourself, it wasn't that dramatic (but you're reading, aren't you?). We were having some friends (Julia and Dave) over for dinner last night and as usual I was on top of the "to do" list. I had prepared all the food, so Brian was on tap for the cleaning. The thing was, it was mid-afternoon and it wasn't getting done, and you know how that gets to me... I suppose I was being a helicopter (hovering) when finally he told me to leave and do something fun. At first I tried to put up a (stubborn) fight, but then I realized I was being a big idiot and that I should take my free pass. So I went for a long (foggy) walk by the bridge (which I couldn't see) and then bought some awesome holiday towels from Pottery Barn.

Other updates you may (or may not) find interesting

1. I'm off work all week. YAY! Many of you know I got pulled into some last-minute campaign work which kept me in Seattle most of latter half of October. I got some comp days as a result of my unwavering commitment (hehe). It was all I could do to save them until this week, but I'm soooooooo glad I did. It's Sunday night and I don't have a care in the world about my "to do" list for the next day.

2. In case you're wondering, yes, I still have a "to do" list for the week I'm off. Before you roll your eyes, it's full of things I've been wanting to do (Christmas shopping, decorating, exercising, etc.).

3. I have pilgrims now. Talk about someone with commitment. My mom is awesome, and she totally pulled through for me when all home decor stores here let me down. On Thursday, I opened up a package with the cutest (and classiest) wooden pilgrims. Hopefully soon I can take a picture...

4. But our camera still hasn't made it back from Frank's wedding. This is when Brian thought it was stolen but really one of Frank's coworkers picked it up by mistake. Well, it still is in NY "with all those memories," as Brian says. I really hope we get it back soon so I can update this post with the pilgrims and take new photos on Friday when the house is decorated.

5. Unlike me, we just realized that Brian hasn't left the "manor" (aka the house) all weekend. Taking out the trash does not count, especially because it wasn't voluntary!

6. We have our ugly Christmas sweaters picked out and ready to go. Now if we can just find Brian a red turtleneck. I suggested that he consider wearing a dickey instead of a turtleneck. He looked at me like I had five heads. (Apparently he had never heard of a dickey before...)

Coming soon: Updates on my week of leisure. I can't wait!

No comments: