Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Let the games begin!

About 20 years ago, Poppy taught me to play Scrabble. He was a great teacher. So great, in fact, that I don't think he's beaten me at Scrabble since 1990 or so. Granny K. snuck in a win somewhere in the mid-90's but I still maintain that it was a fluke. Mom never stood a chance. Dad readily admits having trouble spelling his own name (R.W.).

When we moved to Sacramento, I met my true competitive match in Jen Weiss Watts. As I recall (and you know how modest I am), she is the only person who has beaten me at Scrabble in the last ten years.

When Jen and Mike moved to NY earlier this fall, I thought our game nights and Scrabble days might be over. So imagine my surprise and sheer joy (yay!) when she invited me to play virtual Scrabble with her on
Scrabulous!

It's so awesome. Perfect for friends in different time zones. You just play off your board and your competitor gets an email notification that it's her turn. And it goes on. I have no idea how long it takes to finish a game (I suppose it has to do with how much you're checking your email). Anyway, I'm sure you'll read about the results on one of our blogs in the near future!

By the way these photos are from our last game night this summer (before they moved to NY). We played wives vs. husbands that night. Mike was supposed to be the Eiffel Tower, but Brian's never been as good at games as his wife...

2 comments:

Mike, Jen and Cooper too! said...

Just because you all should know this. Katie set the game up- so she was the one who created the player names.

Here's what she did...

Katie the winner (her name)

Jen is going down (my name)


Nice. Real Nice.

Doesn't she just have the best sportsmanship! :) hehehe

Katie's Going Down!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not zooming the picture in to get a really GOOD shot of my gut falling out of my shirt that night...


Mike

P.S. Your husband stinks at those games...next time it going to be you and me against Jen and Brian...the "TV Dorks" versus the "Normal People" =)