Monday, April 14, 2008

What a weekend

If you have talked to me at all since Friday, you know that the weather out here was AWESOME this weekend. It was like a San Francisco fall - sunny, warm, and amazingly clear. Rather than putting on my weekend taskmaster hat, I decided instead to make the most of this unbelieveable, it-only-gets into-the-80s-a-few-times-a-year weather by lying out on the beach (Marina/near Chrissy field) on Saturday and our balcony on Sunday. It was so hot Sunday that I turned the fan on me while I was outside. Not the greenest thing I did all weekend, but we did try to reduce our carbon footprint by walking to and from the beach, as well as to and from dinner Saturday night.

For Brian, the weekend held another baseball game - this time with the official uniforms! Pretty cute, huh?

Baseball season has given Brian the incentive to get contacts. In addition to his shoulder, ankle and toe, his eyes are also apparently failing him. Thing is, his eyes are set pretty far back into his head, and they're kind of squinty, too. Add all these things to man hands and it's kind of difficult to get those suckers in and out. Since my eyes started failing me more than a dozen years ago, I had to put the contacts in for him in a rush before the game. (He's actually right, it is hard!) Taking them out only took about 30 minutes last night. (I couldn't help this time because he didn't like me poking on his eyeball.)

Finally, we started planning for our second annual Kentucky Derby party. Beer cheese, Derby pie and mint juleps - yum! Only three more weeks until the Run for the Roses.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Our nice weather went away too! It was cold and raining yesterday...boo. So funny about the contacts...I never thought about man hands!

Anonymous said...

Very funny,Brian has also had "chubby little fingers" since he was a toddler. I can see why he's having a problem. With all his aches and pains and contact issues, he still looks great in his uniform.

Love,
Dale