Saturday, April 19, 2008

Snickers the Sea Dog


How could you not love this face?


What I want to know more is how someone could possibly leave this sweet baby stranded on an island! He was out at sail with his owners and their other pet, a macaw, when the catamaran had difficulties. When their sailboat reached shore about 1,000 miles outside Hawaii, they left their dog behind when they hitched a ride. I could not believe it. Seriously, I would not care, I would never leave my dog behind. (Perhaps the bird, not really a bird person, but that's beside the point).

Luckily for Snickers the Sea Dog, it looks like he'll probably be adopted by an animal lover who lives in Las Vegas. Apparently the family that DITCHED him has "moved on." I wish we could have adopted him!

Read the full article here.

2 comments:

Mike, Jen and Cooper too! said...

You will be happy to know that I moved this story out of our Hawaii affiliate and our Vegas affiliate.

Poor bab dog.

Emily said...

Sad-I would take him home!