Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fowl Foul

The nastiest thing happened to me today while I was walking and talking to my mom. All of the sudden, something grabbed me by my hair and I freaked out from fear. I turned around to look and a CROW had landed on my head and tried to nest. Imagine someone sticking a branch in your hair and swirling it around multiple times...

...And then realizing it was a dirty bird. (See Saturday's post for my feelings on birds in general). Not just a bird. A gross, oily crow. Their feathers shine in the sun, and that cannot be good.

The worst part is I screamed bloody murder on the phone, which in turn scared my mom. She knew I was walking, and she thought initially a dog had bitten me because apparently it sounded like I was in pain. And I was...mentally.
Who knows how many people saw this mess. I didn't see anyone staring, but come on. Someone was definitely laughing at my expense. Please let me know if I show up on America's Funniest Home Videos.

Needless to say, I came home and showered IMMEDIATELY. I also lathered, rinsed and repeated. Crow heads can never be too safe.

In honor of this post, I direct you to my latest poll (right). Ugh.

2 comments:

Emily said...

not to be mean-but I'm totally laughing at your expense! Although I would have freaked out and run right home to shower too. Ewwww.

Anonymous said...

I would have screamed too! Ick! I'm sorry friend.

It could be worse.. It could have bee a pigeon- i think those are dirtier. Yuck!