Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Twins & Travel Plans

For the second time in the last six weeks, my colleague Trupti and I have dressed exactly alike: pink collared shirts, black capri pants. The only two times I've worn this outfit here, she has also been wearing it. So today we decided to celebrate the uncanny occasion with lunch at a great Vietnamese place in Chinatown. It was pouring rain and super muggy, hence why we look a bit frazzled (plus, don't forget, I was up until 1 a.m. researching last night)! But my sliced beef and beef ball (think meatballs' Vietnamese cousins) noodle soup was delicious.

Better than the basil, cilantro and lime in the soup? Booking tickets to Bali and our Bali and Siem Reap resorts! Check out these links and images when you have a chance. I can't wait.


In Siem Reap, we're staying at the Angkor Palace Resort & Spa. I wasn't planning to stay somewhere this nice in Cambodia, but we got a great deal and I couldn't resist!


The Oberoi is also a beautiful resort in the Seminyak area of Bali. Bali is the last stop of our 4-legged trip and we want to relax! This is the view of the main pool, overlooking the Indian Ocean.

As for the ideal first stop of our trip (Beijing), Brian goes back to the embassy tomorrow. Fingers crossed that his visa is approved!

No comments: