Thursday, September 3, 2009

Skipped a day

Given the number of comments the blog has been generating as of late, I'm guessing not that many folks noticed that yesterday was the first day I had skipped since I've been in Singapore (travel aside). By the time I got home from our weekly Winesday get-together, followed by dinner, it was kind of late. I figured you could wait one more day to check out the view from this week's happy hour venue, the New Asia Bar in the Swissotel The Stamford. Yep, here's the view from floor 71!



It's a little blurry at dusk but I couldn't use the flash against the glass.



Here's a view of part of the bar. The interior need a little update but the view is spectacular and totally makes up for it. Ironically, I'm meeting Cheryl (Jacob's roommate who works in my building) here tomorrow night.

Today I was kind of blah because my colleague Trupti 's (pictured in the previous post) mom passed away late yesterday. She's also an only child and her family lives in India, so it was heartbreaking - and a little too close to home - to think about how she must feel. And then this morning I woke up to find out that Momma Neal had surgery today, but the good news is that she will be ok, just a little hung up for a while. Unfortunately her absence from her computer likely means that blog readership is being cut in half. But she's going to be just fine; she's a pip!

On a MUCH brighter note, the People's Republic of China decided that Brian Neal actually is NOT a threat to national security, and had his visa approved. After my a walk and dinner with Ali tonight, there's more travel planning in my future. Beijing, here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great news about Brian's visa! How awesome that you get to go to Beijing now! Good luck with all the planning.

-Lauren