Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chinese Embassy and Dim Sum

This was the scene at the Chinese embassy this morning, when I arrived to apply for my travel visa - despite the fact that I was there 20+ minutes before it opened.

Luckily I quickly learned there are three lines - one for visa applications, one for visa pick-ups, and one for passport applications (by far the longest). Despite this, I was in and out within 20 minutes once the embassy opened. Unlike B. Neal, I was not interrogated and am scheduled to pick up my visa on Friday. Yay!


After work, Ali and I went for a walk and then picked up some food at a local food court. Given the Chinese flavor of the day, I decided on dim sum and a large side salad for my veggies. It was delicious. Dim sum items pictured left to right include: char siew bao (pork filled bun), siew mai (pork and shrimp filled little dumplings), and jiu chai (vegetable and pork in a rice pocket). Yum!

No comments: