Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Don't call us, we'll call you...

...when we're back from Oh, Canada, that is!

Tomorrow night we fly to Canada to Laura & Matt's wedding - yippee! They're getting married Saturday in Quebec City, which I'm told is absolutely beautiful.

Who better to consult about Canada than our favorite Canuck, Michael "I like it when you pronounce my name Michelle" Watts?

Some things Mike taught me about Quebec:

- The locals pronounce it KE-bec. I'm sure there's bound to be plenty of confusion about whether Brian Sporty Neal and I are Canadian or American...

- Apparently it's one of the only countries that doesn't have bilingual signage. Meaning, everything is in French. I knew it was predominantly French speaking, but sheesh! How am I supposed to remember everything from Mrs. D's class? Does it count if I can still sing O Champs Elysees?

- Canadian dollars and $2 currency come in coins. It will be like going to a laundromat in another country. Awesome!

- We'll face some serious roaming charges on our cell phones, so please call or text us only if it's urgent (and if that's the case, please do call us). Otherwise, we'll talk to you when we get back on Sunday.

- When all else fails, "Je ne parle francais. Je parle anglais. Por favor." (That's right, isn't it?)

Seriously, we're really excited about the trip and can't wait to post pictures. Plus, Brian's finally getting to put that passport to the test!

No comments: