Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympic fever

Anyone else as into the Olympics as I am in the evenings?

I wasn't that pumped about it in the weeks leading up to the games. I was more excited about the AT&T commercial with the Phelps phan who couldn't get a signal. Pretty funny. But then, I forgot to DVR the opening ceremonies (still haven't watched; note to self: YouTube), and I've been following pretty closely ever since.

From the moment it stikes 8 p.m. until I force myself to go to bed (ok, that's still only around 11), I am glued to the tube. The cable guide said that the women's team gymnastic finals are tonight and I'm finding myself a little ticked that they're showing men's volleyball right now. Who wants to watch men's volleyball when you could be watching synchronized diving or gymnastics?

Oh sweet, they just showed Shawn Johnson making her way to the gym. But it's already 9:30...am I going to get any sleep tonight?

Maybe I'll do that work I brought home while I watch?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The U.S. women folded under the pressure (like A-Rod) but those Chinese girls were awesome. I'm getting into the Olympics too even though I said I didn't give a crap the other day.

Anonymous said...

I think DVRing it is totally the way to go. Men's volleyball you can get what you need to know while watching it in fast forward. ha ha ha! But... It leaves me a 1/2 day behind, so I'm constantly covering my ears and humming.

I was thinking about the longest friend thing and I think you're def mine from the pky girls. I think it's the Suzuki... child proteges that we were...