Monday, February 18, 2008

Three-day weekend bliss

February may be the shortest month of the year (though not by much in 2008), it's also the month with the most three-day weekends - at least for me. This was the second of four long weekends in a row for me, and I enjoyed almost every minute of it.

What made it so enjoyable?

1. The TV. It's no secret Brian and I have always been TV people (hence a substantial portion of our income), but this thing is awesome. I particularly enjoyed watching saliva drip off a Syracuse player's mouthpiece on Saturday. Ok, maybe not that so much...but you get the picture.

2. Movies that aren't on demand. Until this weekend, I think the last movie I saw in the theater was either Knocked Up or Dreamgirls (both of which are already off demand, so you know how long ago that was). Brian took me to see Definitely, Maybe on Sunday (four thumbs up - we both liked it). And today I finally saw Juno today (only two thumbs up because I went alone).

3. Long walks. I'm telling you, the walk to the GG Bridge never gets old for me as long as you can see it. When it's too foggy to see, then yeah, not so great. We had three days of beautiful weather this weekend, so I enjoyed every inch, everyday.

4. Tulips. My absolute favorite. And check out the new vase courtesy of Bonnie, the holiday fairy.

5. Watching Brian play baseball. Ok, so out of his 4.5 hours of practice this weekend, I only watched about 15 minutes. In that time, he got a base hit, so I think that counts plenty. Anyway, it's good to see him doing something he loves so much, even if he overdoes it. Apparently the only parts of his body that aren't sore are his biceps, triceps and face. There's always next weekend.

1 comment:

Emily said...

HD is both riveting yet occasionally TMI! We stopped watching Texas play football on HD because you can see through their pants and it was gross! I'm glad for a rec on Definitely, Maybe b/c Ryan actually wants to see it! Lovey!