Monday, February 11, 2008

Cheers and jeers

My good friend from college, Courtney, recently wrote a cheers and jeers blog posting, and I loved it. What a simple way to be opinionated. So I'm copying.

Cheers
-
Courtney's blog - very fun, maybe a little frivolous. Fashion? Haven't made that connection yet, but speaking of which...

- J. Crew City-Fit Stretch Chino Cafe Capri. I had a pair last spring/summer and wore them all the time. Just bought 2 new pairs. The only downside: my black pair tended to fade, so they might be a one-season wonder. Also, I don't recommend drying for the same reason. Plus Brian shrunk mine (thus making it easier to justify buying another pair of black this weekend).

-
Union Street Papery. This is where I ordered the invitations for Emily's baby shower. It's also where I found a card for my friend Paula with a photo of Bill and Hillary Clinton and a note about getting better with age. Hilarious!

- Democratic nominees for President. I voted in the primary, and it's becoming increasingly clear that the nominee will not be decided for a while. That's ok. I will fully support either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama, whoever wins the nomination from the party.

- Frozen fruit. I'm really into all varieties right now. Currently mangoes are my favorite. The mixed berries, peaches and strawberries are also quite good. Kind of like eating a lot of mini popsicles but with vitamins.

- Project Runway. I particularly enjoy Chris (left) and Christian (right). Loved when they were partners on the Avant Garde challenge. Divalicious!









Jeers
- See yesterday's blog post. So far, no progress on the ghetto fab lamp rig.

- Feeling the need to check the windows of my car every time I walk by now.

- The writers' strike. I know it looks like it's coming to a close, with the union rank voting on it tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see a new episode of Grey's Anatomy. The only show keeping me interested at all is Project Runway.

- Speaking of which - SPOILER ALERT - as I was checking out Bravotv.com for photos of Chris and Christian, I came across the final collection photos of all the designers showing in Bryant Park. Now why would they do that? We still have a few more weeks! I won't tell you who's there, but if you want to see, click here.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey girl, thanks for the shout-out! The blog name is a reference to one of my favorite SNL skits, parodying Charles Nelson Reilly (see it here: http://www.jibjab.com/view/172375). So funny.
I am in LOVE Project Runway this season, too, and I am also in love with Chris and Christian. As sad as I was that Jack had to leave, I was really glad they brought Chris back. I am dying to click on your link, but I'm forcing myself not to - I can't believe they'd post that, though!
I am working on Charlotte. I don't have many sub days this semester, and money is tight, but I'm going to see what I can do. I REALLY hope I can work it out!

Courtney said...

ahhh I almost forgot, have you seen this clip on youtube??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSHfJ7YPcoU

Anonymous said...

Wow...a cheers and jeers post not too many days after I do a thumbs up, thumbs down post...hmmm..

Well, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so consider me flattered =) hehehe

Mike