Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm back!

Greetings! It's been a very long 2-3 weeks at work - good stuff, just 12+ (sometimes 15+) hours/day recently so I haven't taken the time to update the blog. If you haven't heard from me by phone either, this is why. Anyway, the hardest part is behind me and I didn't have to work this weekend. Brian and I spent most of the weekend playing house, watching movies and just relaxing. He's off to the batting cages, getting ready for spring training right now.

I spent last weekend in Sonoma celebrating Jen and Carolyn's birthdays. Lisa Marie planned an awesome trip for our group of six, which also included Carmen and Vern. I'm almost embarrassed to say this now, but I had never been to Sonoma before - only Napa. But I have to say, Sonoma is awesome. The little downtown area is so quaint, friendly, and walkable - only a block from our hotel. That's where we spent the first day: tasting, talking, and eating mostly. Third only to the good wine and great friends, the Sonoma Cheese Factory might have been the highlight. Obviously the intent of the shop is to sell lots of yummy cheeses, but the store offers a free cheese buffet, literally. It's like the Ferry Plaza Farmers' Market, except better! If you're pondering what you might give me for my birthday, consider the 10-pound blocks of cheese. Cheers!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Speaking of Spring Training, WHEN are y'all coming to Tampa to see it?? March isn't too soon to make plans, and you've got a place (albeit on an air mattress) to stay...