Monday, January 19, 2009

New Year, New President, New Post

Heinz said good things come to those who wait. I'm not sure how good reading our blog is for you, but it feels good for me to get back in the swing of things.

Let's not dance around the elephant in the room: it's been three months since I last blogged. Por que? There are a few reasons. I find blogging - as it is not a life-critical activity such as paying the bills or putting food in my belly - is often like exercising. Once you get into the swing of it, it feels good and you find it easier and more rewarding. Similarly, once you've fallen off the wagon, it's just easier to sit around and watch TV (and I've logged way too many episodes of Jon & Kate Plus Eight since we last met here).

I suppose you could also blame the holidays. You know how much I love Christmas and all that it entails. This year Christmas included a fully-loaded iPod shuffle for my mom. Though I completely underestimated how long it would take to stock 150 of her favorite songs in a playlist order that sounds good, it was worth spending the extra hours on the computer for several nights because she enjoys it so much. But a few nights a week on and off for a couple of weeks = no blogging.

And finally, I think Facebook and the iPhone have a big dog in this fight. Who needs a blog when you can post and read frequent status updates and see full photo albums from your iPhone? I've decided I do, and if you're reading this, perhaps so do you.

So in the spirit of the New Year, our new President (yay!) and new beginnings in general, the blog is back...and I hope our four followers are, too!



Cheers to a New Year!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Yay! Glad you're back! And I love your picture BTW! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Katie, I missed you and your quick wit.

Momma Neal

Mike, Jen and Cooper too! said...

I'm glad the blog is back. I wish there was like a facebook, blogger hybrid or something that was like a one stop shop. Hmmm... Is there?

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that the blog is back but unhappy that you keep posting Christmas sweater photos.