Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How many of you?

Jen sent me a link to this website that supposedly knows how many of you (or me) there are in the United States. In other words, how many people share the same first and last name?

According to http://www.howmanyofme.com/...
  • There are 305,352,385 people in the United States
  • 477,876 people in the U.S. have the first name Katherine
  • 172,524 people in the U.S. have the first name Katie
  • 119,087 people in the U.S. have the last name Neal
  • 186 people in the U.S. are named Katherine Neal
  • 67 people in the U.S. are named Katie Neal

Now, this narcissistic exercise had me asking myself "who am I": Katie or Katherine? Chances are likely that I'm Katherine as that's my legal name, but I wonder if somehow people like me are counted twice.

As Jen pointed out (probably in an attempt to make me feel special), I'm probably the only Katie Collins Neal. Too bad they don't let you check middle names! I'm sure "RW Collins" would be really popular. ;)

How many have your name?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are only 119 Dale Neals in the U.S. It was interesting to find out that 92% of the people named Dale were males.

Your favorite,
Dale Neal

jennsings said...

Only 8 Jennifer Longworths :-)