Monday, October 29, 2007

Talk about Neal News - We're Blogging!

Just when Web 2.0 is jumping the shark into "has been" territory, leave it to us to hop on the blogging bandwagon. As reluctant as I am to let 80's music remain in the past, there's no way I could let the opportunity to talk more continue to pass me by! Brian might say it's kind of like being a Red Sox fan - suddenly chic despite perhaps my better judgment- and I guess I can go along with that (now that baseball season is over, after all).


So this is a big thing for us, and I'm kind of proud of myself for thinking about it. I just learned how to post pictures (I thought this one was appropriate), and I'm still working on HTML basics, but you can bet I'm going to get pretty good at these details over time.

Good and obsessed. Probably, but also grateful. I've been thinking about a blog for a while, and I must give credit to our friends Mike and Jen, who really inspired us (me). Check out their very funny and irreverent blog here. They definitely lit the fire. Plus, they have a black cocker spaniel, Cooper, so that automatically makes them fine people. Just ask my dad.

Speaking of whom...Dad, have you ever read a blog before?

Well, either way, I'm excited to be writing without a deadline or an approvals process. I was hoping Brian would be pumped, too. I figured if I put Ron Burgundy allusions in the title and a baseball reference in the first graph, he would be on board pretty quickly. I don't think he wants to make a major commitment (after all, this does not involve sports), he says he might be a guest contributor from time to time.

I think that brings us to the conclusion of my first successful blog posting! Feel free to bookmark this page and check back periodically. Hopefully this platform provides a creative outlet for us and an ongoing source of entertainment for you. And it wouldn't really be newsworthy if we didn't put a tease in the end, would it?
So here you go. Coming soon: Halloween pics and Christmas commentary. -Katie


2 comments:

Mike, Jen and Cooper too! said...

I love your blog!! It's such a fun way to keeep up on the lives' of your friends. Keep it up! Miss you guys... Cooper hasn't met anyone he likes as much as you guys!

-Jen

Carmen said...

you crack me up. this is awesome. blogging is fun, isn't it?
-carm