Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Halloween was so fun this year! I had been traveling a lot for work the couple of weeks leading up to the spooktacular holiday, so I wasn't sure how much I could commit to a costume, let alone a party. Friends of our friends Carolyn & Ryan invited us to their annual Halloween bash here in the City, so Brian and I decided we couldn't stay at home. Carolyn was coming into town and so was our friend Jen, so by the time Friday rolled around we were pretty excited.

Due to my travel schedule, I decided to pull together a costume based on things I had in the house already. With my domestic diva apron, a stiffly starched shirt, a basket full of homemade cookies and Living magazines, I was a decent Martha Stewart if I say so myself.

No surprise, 2:00 Saturday rolls around and Brian still hadn't chosen a costume. I thought we were going to be destined to another year of the Yankees jersey. We headed to the way too crowded Halloween superstore on Van Ness, where we found the perfect wig and even fake chest hair. After a trips to American Apparel (shorty shorts) and Walgreens (Queen Plus size panty hose), Richard Simmons was born!

I'm so proud of Brian for bringing his A-game to Halloween this year. It's a good thing.

Another good thing is Christmas carols. That's right, we're just cusping November and I'm ready for Joy to the World. Carolyn, Jen and I got a taste of some holiday tunes at a local eaterie on Saturday night - a full four days before Halloween if you can believe that! Premature? Definitely. Still great? I thought so, but I was the only one. I think Jen was still bitter with Target for replacing their costumes with Christmas ornaments before Halloween. I don't know why she was so upset though, she made an impressive Amy Winehouse. Tupperware alert!

Coming soon: How in the world do I change the formatting of these pictures? This might be harder than I thought...

1 comment:

Sara said...

LOVE THE BLOGGING IDEA -- AND YOUR HALLOWEEN COSTUMES!!! IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A GREAT PARTY!!
I HOPE ALL IS WELL FOR YOU GUYS, I'LL CATCH UP WITH YOU SOON KATIE -- THINGS ARE CRAZY HERE IN LEX. WE MOVED A FEW WEEKS AGO (AGAIN) AND ARE JUST NOW STARTING TO FEEL SETTLED. BYE FOR NOW!