Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day and Stuff

February has really flown by and we've been busy, though I'm not sure it's all worth blogging about tonight. How is it already the 21st though? Not that I'm complaining!

Last weekend was Valentine's Day, and my Valentine carried on our normal tradition of cooking dinner for me. It all started seven years ago, when he served up salmon, crispy broccoli and undercooked rice. You might recall last year's post, when Brian nearly set the kitchen on fire.

This year, he made a delicious pasta bake with turkey sausage, tomatoes, bell peppers and cheese.

It was delicious and I have to say, I was really impressed by his culinary skills. I told him he could cook anytime. So far that's not going so well.


And per our tradition, we dined on heart-shaped plates. He also took me to see the movie Valentine's Day, which was fun and cute. I know he must love me if he's willing to endure a romantic comedy in the theater!


This week I babysat Kelly and Matt's daughter, Ella. She is about 16 months and absolutely adorable, even if she is putting on a fake pouty face here.


Actually she was really lively and spunky most of the night, even though she had a little cold. What a sweet face!